Tuesday 11 November 2014

Mum's New Shoulder Bag

I recently had my Mum over for a lesson in how to fussy cut fabric.  She was about to make a new handbag using the "Under The Australian Sun" range of fabrics.  Instead of randomly cutting into this pretty fabric, I wanted her to make a feature out of some of the flowers.  After posting the original photos of her visit on Instagram, many people asked me to post photos of her finished handbag.  Here you go ladies - you know who you are :0)
 
Working out which part of the pattern to feature, in the background Mum holds up her original bag.

Fussing cutting commences...
Originally Mum saw a handbag displayed in a shop window in Strathfieldsaye and she immediately liked it.  Knowing who the person was who had made it; my Mum asked her for a copy of the pattern, which she then adjusted to suit her own needs.  I'm not allowed to tell you who's pattern it is and no she will not sell it either. I did ask.  Sorry ladies.
 
Mum's first bag was a winter edition made using suede and cotton.  You can fit a lot inside.
 

 
 
Her latest version is a summer bag made with "Under The Australian Sun" fabrics. 

My Mum thinks she is a dentist so I cannot show you her face.  LOL  #InJoke
My headless mother models her new handbag.  She has made this one slightly larger.

 
Her new bag has lots of hidden inner compartments to hide her secret things in and there is a side pocket on the front of the bag.

1 comment:

Thank you for your feedback.