Thursday 25 December 2014

Would You Like To Build A Snowman?

I recently helped out a friend in trouble who was a bit swamped time wise.  She had started to paper piece an "Olaf" from the movie "Frozen" (which I am yet to see) but ran into trouble.  Being the paper piecing junkie that I am, I offered my help which she gladly accepted. 
 
The completed Olaf block
 
The fabrics were all chosen & supplied by Sharon.  They were dropped off together with some chocolate & Aurifil and I set to work.  This block is definitely rated at an advanced level, because some of the pieces are quite small. However, they are necessary to achieve the level of detail.  The completed block finished at 10.5" with seam allowance.  
 
Sharon collected Olaf last Friday and the following day I was pretty excited to see this post on Instagram, she had turned it into the most adorable cushion for her daughter.
 
 
If you would like to find out more about her cushion, please visit Sharon's blog post:

http://lilabellelane.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/saturday-sewing-with-olaf.html

Would you like to build/sew your own snowman?  The pattern is a free digital download by Sew Much Mischief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback.