Tuesday 23 December 2014

December Bee Blocks

Well December has finally rolled around and 2 out of 3 of my monthly Quilting Bees have now come to an end.  The Quilt Club Australia Stars Bee for 2014 has now ended, and I have a month off before the 2015 round kicks off in February.  I have resigned from the Quilt Club Australia's Hive #5 so this is my last bee block for that group.  Our Quilty Sisters Instabee continues with 2 new members joining us in January.  I will set up new page tabs for the 2015 quilting bees...

Meanwhile, here are the three bee blocks that I have made for December 2014:

Quilt Club Australia - Stars Bee (paper piecing)

This month is Alissa's queenly reign. Her chosen colours are Lime green & Grey on a solid white background.  I chose to make the Ohio Star for her:
 


 
Quilt Club Australia Hive #5
 
This month is Judy's queenly reign. Judy loved the Mondrian blocks that we made back in May so she asked us to make her a 16" Mondrian Block with blue & turquoise and a sparkly print to coordinate with a fabric range that she loves called "Tree of Life" by Chong A Hwang for Timeless Treasures.
 
This is Judy's inspiration print - "Tree of Life"

The block I made features a lovely peacock feather print.


Quilty Sisters Instabee
This month I made Carolyn's block which is the Come Together Block. Carolyn sent out the grey, teal & white fabrics and asked us to use whatever we wanted for the inner squares.  I used my Dashwood Annali fabrics.
 
 




1 comment:

  1. They look fantastic! I'll have to have a look at some of the club things. I just joined the Somerset Fabric club (they do reproduction fabrics) to try to create a fabric stash - I think being part of a club with specific tasks and timeframes would really help me learn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback.