Monday 20 October 2014

Let's Go Sew!


 
My latest quilt finish is a 28x28" mini quilt designed by American quilter Pat Sloan called "Let's Go Sew".
 
I have used needle turn applique for all the pretty bits, together with basic machine piecing for the borders and the background.  Previously I had made another of Pat Sloan's minis named "The Letter F" so I was keen to coordinate the same fabrics and colours.  The fabric featured on the border is Michael Miller's "Park Slope". 
Trying to coordinate my colours to my previous Pat Sloan mini quilt - "The Letter F"
 As the "Park Slope" fabric is quite detailed I have left my border simple instead of using the fancy edges that Pat has used in her original design.  This is Pat Sloan's original design (below) and a link to her shop.
http://blog.patsloan.com/pat-sloan-digital-lets-go-sew.html
Click here to purchase a digital copy of Pat Sloan's pattern
I originally started this project back in July, but as usual it just sat and sat and sat until I finally got around to quilting it last week.  Now it is proudly hanging on my wall in my sewing room.
 
And THIS is what makes it all worthwhile; after I posted a photo of it on Instagram, the pattern designer herself - Pat Sloan - sent me a message - it totally made my night!!! 
And then Pat even regrammed my photo. Oh my goodness talk about some massive head swelling going on here!!!
I was regrammed by Pat Sloan! Squeeeeeeeeee!!!!

As if my head couldn't swell any larger, she even included a photo of it on her next newsletter! 
Extract from Pat Sloan's newsletter
Thank you so much Pat!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Not only is your version fabulous but you got some major love from the designer (and that's why she's so loved because she's so generous) - nice work! Can't wait to see what else you make from Pat's designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Angie, Pat is such a sweetheart!

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback.