Thursday 15 October 2015

The Vintage Kitchen - Block of the Month



In January this year I decided to participate in a 9-month Block of the Month program designed and published by Jenny of Elefantz called "The Vintage Kitchen". Each month from January to September, Jenny released a free embroidery block.  There were a total of 9-blocks which could then be sewn together to form a lovely wall hanging.  

Block 1 - Baking 
I must admit it has taken me numerous attempts at sewing the lazy daisies.
Block 2 - Apron
Block 3 - Scales
Block 4 - Oven Mitts
Block 5 - Vintage Kitchen
Block 6 - Canisters
Block 7 - Preserves
Block 8 - The Vase
Block 9 - Cookie Jar
My completed blocks prior to being sewn together

The finishing instructions were released in September with the final block, however I chose to use different fabric to Jenny's finished design and I made it up as I went so that it would fit the 17" x 21" space on my kitchen wall where I wanted to hang it.  I had originally intended to use Milk Cow Kitchen by Mary Jane Butters for Moda Fabrics to frame my blocks but decided last minute to use What's Cookin' by Dan Morris by RJR Fabrics instead.  
I am also proud to say that I have finally mastered the lazy daisy stitch


My completed version of "The Vintage Kitchen" now proudly hangs in my kitchen.

This design is original and copyrighted by Jennifer Reynolds/Jenny of Elefantz. Permission is given to use this design as a gift or for personal use, but you are not permitted to sell the pattern, or sell the finished project. The nine red work embroidery blocks featured in "The Vintage Kitchen" will remain as a FREE DOWNLOAD in Jenny's pattern shop until December 31 2015.
http://www.craftsy.com/user/1146564/pattern-store 
From January 1st 2016, the full pattern will be available as a purchase only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback.