Tuesday 16 August 2016

52 Quilters - Week 27 - Fiona Forsyth - My Gallery of Quilts


Today I thought that I would share some of my quilts with you.  I only have a few larger sized quilts which are finished, so I have selected a sample to share with you.  I enjoy machine sewing; foundation paper piecing; hand sewing; needle turn applique; English Paper Piecing (EPP); and embroidery.  I am still not confident in Free Motion Quilting so most of my quilts have been hand quilted. A few I have had professionally quilted by Linda at Ladybug Quilting in Bendigo. 

Please click on the links to see more information about each.  Quilts appear in no particular date order...

Millefiori Mystery Quilt - pattern & fabrics by Sarah Fielke.  Machine sewn and appliqued by hand.  Hand quilted in Perle 8.  Photo taken in Maldon
The back of my Millefiori Mystery Quilt is a Drunkard Path Quilt using the same fabrics by Sarah Fielke.  Hand quilted in Perle 8.  Photo taken in Maldon.
The Daisy Quilt - pattern by Emma Jean Jansen.  Made from "The Linen Cupboard" fabric by Emma Jean Jansen for Ella Blue Fabrics.  Yet to be quilted.  Appliqued by hand.
Savanna Safari - made using Cotton & Steel fabrics.  Foundation Paper Pieced using patterns by Tartan Kiwi and Quilt Art Designs.  Photo taken in Kyneton.  Quilted by Linda at Ladybug Quilting.
The back of my Savanna Safari quilt features a leopard running through the grass.  Quilted by Linda at Ladybug Quilting.
Here's a close up photo of Mr Lion - a foundation paper pieced pattern by Tartan Kiwi.  Quilted by Linda at Ladybug Quilting.
The Circle Game Quilt - pattern  by Jen Kingwell.  Made from Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  Mostly hand sewn using a combination of techniques & hand quilted in Aurifil.
The Circle Game Quilt - photo taken in Echuca
Norma's Kaffetastic Kaffetivating Circle Game Quilt - a lap sized version of the Circle Game Quilt by Jen Kingwell made from Kaffe Fassett fabrics which I made for my friend Norma.  Hand quilted in Perle 8.  Photo taken in Port Melbourne
Four Squared Cats - pattern by Jodie Carleton.  Made using "The Cat's Pyjamas" fabric also by Jodie Carleton for Ella Blue Fabrics.  Yet to be quilted.
My completed Zesty Hexies quilt top (yet to be quilted).  Made up from way too many 1” hexies for me to count!
a close up of my Zesty Hexies top
a close up of  my Zesty Hexies quilt back 
Although not a quilt, I couldn't resist sharing my one and only bag with you.  The pattern is "Hearts & Happy Flowers Bag" by Leanne's House.  The front panels are hand embroidered and it is made from various Lecien fabrics and the "Hearts & Happy Flowers" fabric range by Leanne Beasley for Ella Blue Fabrics.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts Fiona! My favourite is the Savannah Safari quilt and I also love the Millefiori Mystery quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback.