|My completed Circle Game Quilt|
Further to my post the other day, I realised that I hadn't provided any specs about my Circle Game Quilt.
|The pattern booklet. Available through all good quilt shops.|
- I have used a mixture of fabrics by the Kaffe Fassett Collective which includes Kaffe Fassett, Brandon Mably and Philip Jacobs.
- The black & white spot is "Spot On" design #14868 by Studio RK for Robert Kaufman
- The grey is "Architextures" by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman. I think it was the "Shale" colour.
- The charcoal is "Quilter's Linen" screen rint D#9864 by Robert Kaufman
- The Sashing - is a Kaffe Fassett print called "Freckles". It looks yellow in some photos but it is actually a very pale lime green with flecks of red, pink, brown and green through it.
Quilting: I have hand quilted this quilt using Aurifil threads in a combination of 40wt, 50wt and 28wt that I ordered through Ms Midge.
The individual blocks:
|Block 9 - this is one of my favourites|
|Block 16 - another one of my favourites|
The finished quilt top:
|Here is the flimsy hanging up above my bed prior to being quilted.|
|Miss Amity's "schexy pose" - it's a shame I had the window open when I took this photo as the wind blew the right hand side, but Amity's pose is just too cute!|
Basting & Quilting:
|My mother helped me baste the quilt in the craft room at her retirement village.|
|About to pin baste|
|Ironing and basting|
|These are all the Aurifil threads that I used to hand quilt this quilt.|
|Hand quilting with Aurifil|
|Hand quilting with beautiful Aurifil threads|
|When I was too tired to hand quilt, Miss Amity took over for me ;0)|
Wow! This is so stunning. I'm so pleased you hand quilted such a beautiful quilt. Would love to see some close up shots of your hand quilting. It really compliments Jen's designs.ReplyDelete
Thank you Susie. I decided to keep my quilting stitches very fine on this quilt to not detract from the overall design & the fabrics.Delete