Thursday 12 February 2015

My Schnitzel & Boo "Parcel of Awesomeness" has arrived!

 
Last week I posted about the Schnitzel and Boo Mini Quilt Swap and showed you the parcel of awesomeness that I sent to my swap buddy - Fiona Tchan.  Today it gives me great pleasure sharing with you the amazing parcel of awesomeness that I recently received from the super wonderful Filomena Parbery @so_filomena from New South Wales.
 
Firstly these are the inspiration mosaics that I posted for this swap featuring a mixture of different techniques with a preference for lime green & teal:
 
 
 

I knew from the moment that the parcel delivery guy handed me the parcel that something special had arrived - just look at how the parcel was addressed!

 
But before I show you what was IN the parcel, these are the teasers that she had posted on Instagram.  I had seen most of these posts and I must admit, I did wonder if those gorgeous hedgehogs were headed to Bendigo... (Instagram photos reproduced with Filomena's permission)
 
 
 
 
 So, back to the parcel... this was written on the envelope:

I was getting good vibes about this parcel!
 
I'm not going to share what was written inside the card but it brought tears to my eyes!  Such beautiful words!!!
 
And here is the beautiful Hazel the Hedgehog quilt that Filomena made.  I love the pinky red nose on the top one!!  The quilting on this is just extraordinary!
 

I was thoroughly spoilt!  My favourites - Cadbury Peppermint chocolate & Nutella.  Also some peppermint tea and coffee.
 

One of my favourite Australian fabric & stitcherie designers is Rosalie Quinlan, and Filomena generously included 3 fat quarters of Rosalie's fabrics together with some buttons and two skeins of Cosmo Pearl 5
 

These are absolutely adorable.  Filomena has crochetted these coasters herself and they will go beautifully in my kitchen.


A packet of green Ruffle Elastic
 

This is absolutely gorgeous - it is a Tea Bag Holder with a tea bag design foundation paper pieced on the front.  The fabrics are just gorgeous, especially the red text used on the inside.
 

The tea bag holder opened up and showing the contents - herbal tea bags & coffee bags.
 

A close up of the inside.  I love this red fabric! 
 
This really brought a tear to my eye - not only did Filomena spoil me rotten, but she also thought of my little purr baby Gemma and included a treat for her as well!
 

Gemma says thank you Filomena for the Love Hearts! xoxo
 
I really am just totally overwhelmed by the awesomeness in this parcel!  Obviously Filomena has had a lot of fun stalking me and researching my preferences. 
 
One of the hashtags for this swap was #makeaquiltmakeafriend and that is so true.  Through this swap I have got to know two new quilty friends - Fiona and Filomena.  I have also enjoyed watching Fiona create some wonderfulness for her swap partner; and watching Filomena's swap buddy make the gorgeous mini that she sent to Filomena.  Feel the quilty love!  There are so many talented quilters out there!  To view more wonderful creations look up #schnitzelandboominiquiltswap on Instagram.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous mini. Love the colours and that little pink nosed one. You were thoroughly spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Filomena's sewing is just gorgeous & I agree with the cute widdle pink nose it is so cute!! I do feel thoroughly spoiled

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback.