Thursday 16 June 2016

The Great Aussie Name Tag Swap

I recently participated in the #GreatAussieNameTagSwap on Instagram which was hosted by Angie Wilson @GnomeAngel  

Participants were assigned partners and we were required to make a quilted name tag that needed to include the person's first name and their Instagram name.  The minimum size was 5" x 3" and it had to be quilted.  Making a lanyard was optional. It was a fast turnaround swap so we only had approximately 3-weeks to make our creation and to pop it in the post.

WHAT I SENT

Sadly the partner that I was assigned has failed to check in throughout this swap or to acknowledge that she has received what I sent her.  According to Australia Post she received it last Friday, so I can only assume that she did not appreciate my handmade gift.  Anyway, I thought that I did a good job and that I met her brief as best as I could.  I don't know her or her circumstances.  All that I knew about her (apart from her name) was that her favourite colours were blue, purple & teal; she likes Tula Pink fabric; and she likes squirrels & stars. No other information was provided. 

This is what I sent her together with some chocolate:

The Name Tag, Lanyard & Tula Pink Key Fob that I sent together with some chocolates.

A close up of the front of the Name Tag.
This was the back of the Name Tag

WHAT I RECEIVED

As we just had a long weekend, our mail delivery was delayed so I only received my parcel on Wednesday, but I am so completely and utterly blown away with what I received!!

Alison Goodall @quiltalicious was the person who made for me and she totally & utterly excelled.  She made me the most amazing name tag & lanyard which is so "me"!!  I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!! 

I'm not sure if you can see the detail, but she has used some Tula Pink and Emma Jean Jansen fabrics in the lions mane, and the lanyard is made from "Terra Australis" by Emma Jean Jansen.  Her embroidery work is also perfect!  Seriously I am just totally blown away with the exquisiteness of her work! 
Here is a close up of the Name Tag & the Lanyard.  The lion pattern is foundation paper pieced and is a pattern by @QuietPlay

I also received some rather yummy chocolates
Isn't it utterly gorgeous!!!!  I'm going to Craft Alive on Friday & I am going to wear this with pride!  If you see me, please come & say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback.