Thursday 9 June 2016

South Fabrics - Echuca

Echuca is 92kms North East of Bendigo on the Victoria/New South Wales border.
I visited Echuca back in April during a quick day trip with my parents.  Echuca is a town located on the banks of the Murray River and Campaspe River in Victoria, Australia.  It is a 2.5 hour drive from Melbourne and is famed for its bygone era of horse carriages and paddle steamers.  This is the first of three short articles about my visit to Echuca.

After concluding the business that had lured my parents & I to Echuca, I paid a flying visit to the first of two quilting shops - South Fabrics.

South Fabrics houses a large range of fabrics and sewing accessories. Their shop is conveniently located in the main township of Echuca and is within walking distance of the main street.  Their prices are competitive although I did find the shop to be quite cluttered thus difficult to take in all that they had.  

256 Anstruther St, Echuca

Lots of stock displayed in very crowded surroundings
I found it very difficult to see the fabrics displayed on the top shelf and a lack of ladders made it very difficult to pull any bolts down for inspection.  Sadly the staff were not overly helpful or friendly.
Unfortunately their range of Kaffe Fassett was up on the top shelf where I couldn't see or reach it.  Mum & I struggled to pull down some bolts of fabric whilst the owner just sat at her counter watching us.  Our requests for assistance or for a step ladder were rudely ignored.  In the end I just paid for my fabric and left.

Despite stocking Kaffe Fassett I am not sure if I will go back there again.

South Fabrics
256 Anstruther St, Echuca VIC 3564
Tel: (03) 5482 2655

Opening Hours:
9 – 6 Monday to Friday

9 – 1 Saturday

My Kaffe Fassett purchases.

2 comments:

  1. It looks as if they have a good assortment of fabric there. Too bad that their customer service is so awful. I wouldn't go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they had so much crammed in there.

      Delete

Thank you for your feedback.