I don't know about you, but I am usually pretty wary when companies advertise a mystery box for sale. I often wonder what is actually inside them? Do you really get your money's worth? Are the items of good quality? Are they useful items that I really would make use of?
Well I recently received the November "The Big Stash" box from Two Blue Birdies and I can honestly say that I was pleasantly surprised!
According to their website:
|The box arrives
|I love that they included a list of the contents
|A lot of care has been put into wrapping the contents. So much so that I didn't want to rip the paper.
|Squeals!!!! I see Aurifil and I see Sewline and there are pom poms!!!
|Wowsers! Look at all these goodies!!
Wowsers alright! I have to say I was squealing with excitement as I unpacked everything.
So what was in the box?
- a "Hollie Hedgehog" pattern by Australian designer Melly & Me
- a Sewline Air Pen
- 4 Riley Blake Flower Buttons in Red
- 1 metre of Riley Blake Mini Pom Poms in white
- Aurifil 50wt Cotton Mako Thread in #2000 Light Sand and #2230 Medium Peony
- 4 Fat Quarters from "Backyard Circus" by Australian designer Jodie Carleton for Ella Blue
- 2 Fat Sixteenth (25x22.5cms) of 100% Merino Wool Felt in #07 Red and #60 Cornflower
I added up the retail value of these items as listed individually on Two Blue Birdies' website, their combined retail value is $66.12. The cost of "The Big Stash" box was only $49.95 plus postage.
Limited quantities of left over boxes from previous months are also available for sale via their website together with "The Stash" box (which is a smaller box of goodies) and "The Felt Stash" box (both of these boxes are $34.95 plus postage).
All up I was extremely pleased with what was in the box and I can't wait to have a play with my new goodies!