Tuesday 16 June 2015

QCA Bee 5 - My Bee Blocks

Last year (2014) I participated in a Facebook based Quilt Bee run by Quilt Club Australia.  There were 12 members in our group and each month a member took turns to be the Queen Bee.  The Queen Bee would specify which quilt block she would like us to make and each member would then make the designated block in the colour scheme requested by the queen and post it to her.

August was the month of my queenly reign and I chose the Cross Maze Block using Aqua or Teal tone-on-tone prints for the centre crosses; a low volume Black-on-White print for the background; a White-on-Black print for the borders; and a bright pop of colour in the small squares.  I eventually received the last of my bee blocks in January of this year.


This was the test block that I made.
 
Carlie Lincoln's block
 
Kendra Watson's block

Melissa Gottliebsen's block

Kathryn Reyne's block

Jenny Doyle's block

Michelle Nicholson's block

Racheal Williams' block
Judy Williams' block
 
Diane Green's block
 
Lisa D'Almeida's block
 
Tracy Dening's block
And here are all the blocks together:
 
 
 
I am yet to sew the blocks together and I am contemplating adding teal or aqua scrappy sashing in between the blocks and using the "Quilt As You Go" method to finish it off.  For now it is filed away neatly in a box waiting for my attention.

 
What do YOU think?  How do YOU think I should finish it?  I look forward to reading your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback.